GSK donates £15,000 from its 20% Reinvestment Programme to improve access to quality healthcare for mothers and children
- Capacity building of 10 mid-level health workers to be trained in support and supervision of community health workers
- Provision of training materials to a local college to address a shortage of educational tools, enabling enrolment and training of increased numbers of health workers.
GSK Zambia funds the Maternal Newborn Care Project with a £200,000 donation
- A collaboration of GSK, the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Churches Health Association of Zambia (CHAZ). Aim: to improve the health of mothers and children by providing everyone with quality and affordable health services
- Healthcare workers will be trained in maternal and child health, the infrastructure of Health Centres improved and transport provided for easier access.
A total of 980,000 albendazole tablets donated to Zambia in 2010
A total of 980,000 albendazole tablets donated to Zambia in 2010 in the programme aimed at eliminating lymphatic filariasis by 2020
GSK makes 5-year commitment to enable de-worming of all school age children in Zambia
- 2,832,628 doses of albendazole donated in 2011 to treat children at risk from soil-transmitted helminths (STH)
- Tablets to be made available through the World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Plan is for a school-based programme organised by the Ministries of Health and Education, starting in 2012.
GSK donates vaccine in response to swine flu outbreak in Zambia in 2011
- 256,800 flu vaccine doses were donated
- Over a quarter of a million went to protect vulnerable groups and the remainder to health workers
- Donation made through the World Health Organisation
- Provided funding from its new Positive Action for Children Fund to give technical assistance in Zambia, in partnership with the In-Service Training Trust
AP: Last Updated 17 January 2013: DICE/GSK/0002q/12(1)